Friday, September 16, 2011

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Well on day number two of rest...Im glad I can go back to work tomorrow, lol. Although it was nice to rest. Today I slept in till 8 am which was amazing! It was a gorgeous day outside so I decided to go downtown to the park and write some letters to people. Of course the sun didnt last too long but it was still warm. There I was, sitting on the bench minding my own business when this lady sits down next to me. She asks me what time it is and then pulls the whole "Are you from here", no I am not, is always the response...lol.

We got to talking about the states, people here love to hear about prices and how much things cost back in the U.S. We then started talking about how much it would cost to travel to the states to live. She said that she had some family to stay with but wasn´t really sure about the job situation because the economy is bad. I told her what I thought the range airplane tickets would be depending on the season; between $700-1200, she seemed to disagree, bueno...Then as we kept conversing I realized she was talking about entering the states ilegally; how much would it cost to enter the states without papers. That, I told her I really did not have experience in. By then it was noon and she said she had to go, thank god, because the convo could´ve become even more awkward. I´ll have to say that is the frist time that I´ve been confronted with the actual "issue" of an ecuadorian at the end of options (according to her), that she had to consider to entering the states illegally...

At about 1 I met up with Chino and Kim to eat llapingachos and juice at the market, probably one of my favorite places to go because there are always a variety of interesting people to watch, lol. I came back home and watched many episodes of Entourage, good times, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment