Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday, September 12, 2011

Woke up in the middle of the night to go pee and found out this morning that there was blood in my urine. The PCMO was called and I had to do a urine test. Kind of a pain in the butt here because you have to go to a pharmacy and buy your own cup, lol. And of course it took me forever to have enough urine to fill it up haha. I then had to take a taxi downtown to find the lab. Taxi driver definitely told me the wrong direction. I paid four dollars for the test! Super cheap right? They said to come back at 5 for the results.

On my way back up I stopped at Kim's to grab some movies and tv shows to watch for the rest of the day. I also picked up some bread and fruit that I would be eating the rest of the day because surprise surprise there is no food at our house and there was no way that I was going to walk to the restaurant every time that I wanted to eat something. I got home and set up a nice nest in the living room with a 7 liter jug of water (oh yeah our water was cut off so I had to go buy water...) food, movies, etc..Around 2 pm I took a nap and then at 5 went to get the test results.

Nothing serious just a UTI that probably turned into a slight kidney infection. I then called the PCMO with the results and she instructed me on what meds to buy. I then had to go to an ATM to get money and then to a pharmacy..all of this was done in the rain, ugh.. I hopped on a bus to the mega maxi because I wanted to get some juice. All of the juice requires refrigeration after opening and we don't have a fridge so I had to stock up on juice boxes, lol came home and watched a movie, then skyped with mom and howard. Family was home around 9 and I went to bed by ten. I actually felt a lot better by the end of the night and I don't think there is anymore blood, lets at least hope not. Im going to be on meds for the next week and then have to go back for another test to make sure everthing's good. Im also restricted from doing any type of exercise till wed, which means no work till then. I called my counterpart and she was pretty nice about it. Just sucks because there are some really important meetings that Im going to miss...oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment