Tuesday, September 13, 2011

thursday, september 8th, 2011

2 girls from the groups for the addiction and mental health came in today to work on some stuff. We spent the whole morning making up a broshure that has general information about the program, that we will eventually be passed out to different facultades in the University. I think it turned out pretty snazzy. In the afternoon Eulalia and I went to a meeting with MArcelo, the coordnator for gestion de riesgos to talk a little bit about the project we are doing at the University. Marcelo is going to be helping us with some of the trainings. I left at 4ish to go to the gym. Im not even sure if anything got resolved at the meeting, lol. I went to the gym, ate at the restaurant then went home to shower and get ready to go to Kim's for wine night.

Earlier that morning at breakfast the lights were cut off, pretty sure because my family hadn't paid the bill..well when I came home at 6:30 we STILL didn't have electricity!! So I found my headlamp and went into the bathroom to shower in FREEZING, I repeat, FRIGID cold water. The only good thing about it was that I wasn't that cold after getting out because there was no possible way I could get colder than I already was.. I then fumbled around my room and got ready, thank god for my head lamp, lol Chino picked me up and we went to grab wine then off to Kim's house. It was a really god time, good conversation. Apparently her neighbor is kind of crazy and is trying to get her kicked out, when really Kim has done nothing wrong. I think it's a cultural thing, where to this woman it's not acceptable that she's a white, single female, living independently and alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment