Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 6, 2011

It's hard to tell if today was productive or not. I couldn't shower last night because the electric water heater death trap wasn't working. So I got up this morning and it still didn't work! I asked my host mom to help and for some reason it worked for her..thank god. I got into work and Eulalia showed up, so that's good, lol I guess her mom is doing better. Around 10ish this guy named Franklin, whose wife is actually the cousin of my host mom came in. Apparently he works with the University of different trainings. He's quite the character! Very energetic and animated. He has an office downtown and asked if I wanted to come help with english for kids, just an hour a week. Im kind of longing for kid contact and it's only one hour a week. So since I dont really work friday afternoons I agreed to help out.

Juan came in with his 5 students that are going to be working on the addictions and mental health program with us. We figured otu what our 1st steps would be. We are going to go around to the facultades and present the encuesta (surveys)..I think it should be good! Then it was lunch, so I went to this restaurant that I go to once in a while. I came back and it was still pretty early so I decided to take a nap in the sun, felt so good to be warm, lol. I got back to the office and Eulalia and her daughter came in. Eulalia and I were supposed to work on the schedule for these trainings but then some friend came in and they literally talked until i left.. As I was walking out of the building I tripped and my sandal broke!! Noooo!! My favorite sandals, yes Nat the cut one's you helped me pick out at DSW. They are/were my only nice sandals. I couldn't really walk home so I hopped in a taxi which turned out to be a good decision because it started to rain. I changed and went to the gym, had a really good workout, then headed to the restaurant to eat. I spend some time with the fam. We talked about my dad and running marathons. A step up from the convo this morning about how they think the bible should be taught in schools..ugh.. I wonder if they realize that not everyone reads the bible, if they read anything at all.

Anyway it's clear that my host dad is getting old, especially to be running these 100 km races. I wonder if he's thought about the fact that he'll have to give up running at some point in his life. Im not trying to be a neg. Nancy Im just saying. HE's gonna have to come to terms with it soon rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment