Sunday, September 11, 2011

Monday, Sept, 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day! How did I celebrate it? Well by working, lol. Labor day in Ecuador is sometime in March I guess. I arrived into work today before 9 a.m. and Eulalia was not there. I started working on this list for the hospital of all the employees fro different facultades. Time went by. I chatted with various people on skype. Eulalia never showed. I was begining to think that maybe there was some meeting that maybe I had missed. Kim called and I went to lunch with her, Paige and this other girl that had apparently wandered into the english department looking for a teaching position. Turns out it was Emily, a girl I did MSID with back in college! Apparently she's been working with the bahai (sp?) community..We ate, then she took Paige to look at an apt. I went with Kim back to the University. She had her 1st class at 2:30 and needed to finish up the syllabus. She was a little nervous about her first class, and had no sort of list of the students that she was going to have, nor the classroom that she would be teaching in! I haven't talked to her yet but Im sure it went well.

I went back to the office, still no Eulalia. So I went to ask the nurse if she had heard of anything because her and Eulalia are close. Apparently Eulalia's mother had fallen pretty bad and needed to be taken to the hospital..good to know, lol. So I went to the office and updated my blog then left to pick up my laundry adn go to the gym. My laundry was 7 kilos! Which meant 7 dollars! I had only brought a 5..but the guy is nice and said I could bring him the other $2 tomorrow. They do such a good job with cleaning and folding my clothes I think of it as more of supporting a local family business :).

I went to the gym and had a pretty good workout, then to the restaurant to see the family and eat. I had soup and then salad and chicken. No rice, yay! ALthough Im not gonna lie I don't feel as full as I normally am with rice, but that's alright. I came home and skyped with mom and howard and then talked with mal for awhile, so that was nice to get an update on home.

No comments:

Post a Comment