Monday, September 5, 2011

Sunday August 4, 2011

Oh boy I have a lot to write about. Im going to back track though.
FRIDAY: I went into work and Eulalia and I put together what we wanted for a broshure on the training in emergenciy situations that we´re doing with the University. I worked the rest of the morning on that. I think it turned out pretty good, there´s a lot of writing but it´s the most important info. Kim and Paige came to visit me close to lunch. Paige is really cool! I think she´s going ot do great here. I finished up the broshure and told EUlalia I would be back on Monday. I wanted the afternoon to do some things, plus Kim anted me to help Paige get a phone while she did her payroll stuff for the University. We went to get lunch at the market, llapingachos-so good! Paige and I went to get her phone and then to the bank so I could deposit the money that Eulalia had paid me back. Lets just say it was def a process...

First I missed my turno because I was filling out my deposit slip and Paige wasn´t paying attention, so I had to get another one and wait. Then I get up there and he says the # I put on the slip wasn´t right. It asked for a card or bank acount #, so I put my ATM card, well that was wrong..So I had to go get a new slip. Then it turns out I only had $40, not the $60 that I originally wanted to deposit. So he made me get a whole new slip. By the third time I had it down, lol And I will never make those mistakes again!

Afterwards we went to teh post office, no packages yet..I then went home because I had to drop off my computer. We decided we were going to make tacos for dinner. I went home and then took a nap, then went to the Mega Maxi to get the food. Ran into Kim and Paige getting their food too. We ended up going back together to their place to get the food started. Chino and some of his friends ended up coming over. They had a big game the next day so we just chilled. I got home by like 11.

SATURDAY:
Woke up bright and early for the gym-to get there when it opened, in order to beat the "crowd". Well now I nkow Ecuadorians aren´t that motivated on saturday at 7:30. The gym wasn´t even open! I was kinda upset because I had woken up early and wanted to work out! So I found a place to run stairs for awhile. On my way back I checked to se if it as open...nope, so I went to get fruit adn as I was walking the owner ran up to me and was like "were you trying to workout?"..lol..well yeah..So she was like, "ok one sec, Ill be right back" and went to go buy bread, oh Ecuador. She ended up opening it up and I had the gym to myself for a solid 20 minutes. Then a cuople of people came in. I went to get soem fruit and yogurt and went home to eat. No family. They had probably already left for the restaurant. So I skyped with Hannah, which was great to catch up with her. Then I went on the search for a hair dryer. I went to the Aki to make sure the one I wanted was there, then had to walk up the the ATM at the mega maxi to get money. There Ecuador hit a new low..

As I was walking a father (no older than 30) was walking with his son (no more than 4yrs old) and the dad goes, "que linda" (how pretty) and then the toddler goes "mamacita" !!!!!!!!! I couldn´t believe it! I mean Im (for the most part) used to the catcalling and comments on the street from men and youth, but from A 3 YEAR OLD!! Sad, just sad. I got out the money, bought the secadora adn went to eat lunch at the restaurant. Host mom wasn´there but Dad and brother were. So I ate and conversed with them for a bit. The missionaries were there eating..yay..I came home and tried to watch limitless. Turns out it was not a good bootlegged version, oh well it only cost $1.50. Then I watched some Entourage, actually finished the 1st season. The I got ready and went to the guys basketball game with Kim and Paige. It was a really intense game. One of our players actually got elbowed adn sliced his eye brow opened. So much blood and of course no first aid kit!! They took him to the hospital. So after the game we all went to go see how he was. Turns out he was in this mall doctor´s office, like out of his home or something. SUch a sight to see all the players, us and various parents all crammed in the room waiting. He ended up getting 8 stitches!

By the time we left it was 7:30, I took a taxi back home to get ready...still no family. I left around 9 to go to Chinos. From there we went to this new place a little outside of the city. It was pretty cool but not a lot of people. After it closed we went back to Chinos and stayed up till wee hours of the morning.

SUNDAY:
Around 8:30 am I got a taxi back to my house and now one seemed to be home or up so I went back to sleep and slept till 3:30 in the afternoon, not sure if I´ve ever actually done that before, lol. When I got up I prepared some water for tea and as I was eating I realized that the gas tank or something was making a noise like gas leaking..I tried to go over and smell but didn´t really smell much. Iopened the door to the back just in case and started to get worried because it was clear that gas was coming out of somewhere. The nozzle on the actual tank was shut but then as I sat down to keep eating I realized one of the knobs was still turned. This little stove is so old that the knobs practically fall of when you turn them so I must have thought I turned it but really didn´t. So I went over and as soon as I gave it a wiggle the noise stopped! Thank God! No explosions or passing out of intoxication.

The guys had another game at 6 so I went to that, but turns out the other team didnt show up. So they played a game for fun with some of the dad´s and then we headed back to my neighborhood with Chino, Paige, and Kim. They were going to Chinos aunts who lives a couple blocks from me. We stopped to get some food and then walked there. I was going to just walk with them then leave, but he insisted I come in and say hi. Saying hi turned into a 2 hour stay with strawberries, chifles (fried banana chips) hot chocolate and bread, lol. Great converstaion, Chino´s family is really great, so welcoming and helpful. They feel most like family than the one Im actually living with.

At 9 they walked me home and my family was finally home! I said hi and we talked for a bit. They never really ask about me or what I´ve been up to...oh well..Im super tired adn am afraid that I will be even more tired tomorrow. Alright tomorrow is when classes start! Students on campus, yay

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment