Monday, August 29, 2011

August, 25, 2011

This morning sched is so not routine yet. I must be the most impatient person ever. I know it´s only been 4 days but still. Woke up this morning to someone hacking up what seemed like hundreds of hairballs, yes a human being, lol. This was followed by the loudest traditional Ecuadorian music you can imagine. And it´s just annoying because it just repeats and repeats. Plus I had to dance to it at the wedding for what seemed like forever! Im not in a bad mood but Im not in an amazingly great one either.

I know I´ve probably already wrote this before but I really have got to get used to not having high hopes for things. For example this meeting we had last night. All these different community leaders were going to be there; Rotary Club, Red Cross, Scouts, the university and one other one that I can´t think of right now. The only people that showed up were us and the scouts..And nothing really got accomplished.

So the government has appointed this Secretaria Nacional de Gestión de Riesgos. Translated it´s like the National Secretary of risk management. From what I understand their purpose is to help train people in things like 1st aid, search adn rescue and emergency evacuation strategies. So what they´ve developed is a sort of commitee of different leaders to help train a group that can then go out and educate the community on emergency procedures.

At the start of the meeting we talked about the strengths and weaknesses of each group. then we got off subject with what was necessary to train people in; whether it be immediate emergencies or the aftermath as well. Then it was kinda like, well what is our main goal..lol. I think what they need to do is get /figure out the gruop of people they want to rain and then prioritize what are the most important things to train people in. With that they can move forward. We´ll see next meeting how it pans out and if people actually show.

I ate at the corner place before going home. It was too cold to shower. Family didn´t come home till 11:30. I was well asleep but still heard them. TEFL gets here today. Alrighty, off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment