Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wed. August 24, 2011

A new day-sunny and beautiful. I have to say the weather is quite pleasant here. And as long as I have hot water at night to shower with I don’t really mind the chilly nights. Mom called this morning, which was great! I ate breakfast and headed to the University. Again didn’t do too much this morning. I wrote the informe from the meeting yesterday. I have no idea if I did it right but at least the info of what we did is in a doc now.

I went with the Janitor, Vicente, to get bread to drink with our mid-morning tea. Came back, had tea, chatted and then ran another errand with Vicente to the mall. There was really nothing else to do, lol. I think the only thing Eulalia did all morning was organize her files..I also worked on my security forms..so many maps that I have to draw and I can’t cheat with google maps or mapquest!

I went with Eulalia to her son’s old school to get some document, but no one was there so we walked to lunch. We walked so far! I have no idea how she can walk in the heels that she wears. She raved about the lunch but it really wasn’t that special, lol. All almuerzos (lunches) here are the same here. They consist of soup, (I swear there are only like 3 different kinds people make) “el segundo” which is LOTS of white rice, some small portion of meat and then if you’re lucky you will get some type of salad. There is usually fruit for dessert. The best thing about the almuerzos are the juices; always fresh and homemade!

I came home for the afternoon because I'm going to this meeting tonight. I took a nice long nap, uploaded some pictures and ate an apple. I was able to skype with Annie for a short while till my internet ran out. So good to see her!! I'm glad my skype, even video, works out here in the living room.

The other TEFL volunteers get here tomorrow. I'm excited but not really sure how often I will even see them. Maybe I will see Sharon more because she is at the University. They are all older volunteers so I can’t really “hang out” with them like I would the younger ones but it will still be nice to be with them!

Tomorrow evening I might go over to Kim’s (fullbright volunteer who is now a professor) house to hang out with her and Adam. I'm glad I will have them close. Alright I should get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment