Thursday, July 28, 2011

JULY 27, 2011 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

Today turned out to be a really great day. The open house turned out really great! Each group had 3 tables. Our health group had a nutrition table, hygiene table and HIV/Aids table. Our table was probably one of the best. We had a portion plate relay race game, little bottle gardens, nutrition facts for all ages and even food; papaya bread, ants on a log, oatmeal pancakes and nutritious sandwiches.

A lot more people showed up than we all thought! Towards the end we played musical chairs. Then at the end after thanking everyone for coming they announced that it was my birthday and everyone sang happy birthday to me! It was so sweet! The rest of the day was tech. Lauren later on handed me a sheet where everyone had written happy birthday or a little birthday note. Good to know I’m loved!

At the end of the day I noticed my host dad had called me twice. So I called him back and he said they were waiting for me to do cake. A bunch of us were going to eat empanadas and get beers but instead I rushed home because my host dad made it sounded like he wanted me to come home right away. Not worth it, lol. The family was really busy working on wedding invitations. So I sat and talked with them, learned about how my host parents used to live on the coast. We ate around 7:30 and did cake around 8. Pato, Vanessa, Lucy and Jorge were all there. The day was really nice, nothing over the top but also wasn’t completely forgotten about. Overall it was a really nice day. Indeed I'm thinking of all the things that have happened this past year. So grateful for everything and everyone in my life! Oh what a great 2 years this is going to be! I'm so excited for all the unkown..haha

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment