Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 26, 2011

Tomorrow I will be 22 years old. Who would’ve thought that at this age I’d actually be living the dream of living and working in another country. Wow! I can’t even begin to explain how thankful and grateful I am for all the people that have supported and continue to support me in all that I do. I cherish all my friendships and relationship that I’ve formed in these last 22 years.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring. We have this open house where each group is making a table of different talleres. My group is doing nutrition. Our table is going to have 2 parts- healthy food, portion plate game, portion control and some healthy snacks that we’ll pass around. The other half of the table will be planting cilantro in re-used pop bottles. Should be a good time, although I'm not sure how many people will show up. Many parents are working and because school is out no school groups will be coming. If all else fails we’ll just present to ourselves, lol

This morning we talked about sexual assault and how PC responds to it. I think Washington has stepped up their support because of the 20/20 episode. Sounds like they are very thorough and supportive the whole way through.

Made sloppy joes today-rather Orrin and Ericka made them and most of us paid and ate them! They were homemade and really good, they used the meat that was left over from taco Tuesday, so resourceful!

Talked a little about the tech trip we will be taking next week to Guayaquil. I'm excited because I’ve never actually been in the city. The trip will focus on HIV/Aids. I guess we’ll be giving sex ed charlas to high school students.

Wanted to make brownies for my host parents and for me. They got burnt…of course, lol. I’ll have to make them again tomorrow!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment