Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28, 2011

So I was woken up this morning to rocks being thrown at my window. I thought I had heard someone knocking and whistling but I didn’t think it was at our house. Then all of a sudden a small rock hits my window, then another. I finally got up to see that Cesar (the cook) was locked out. I guess the door bell wasn’t working and he was trying to get my attention to buzz and let him in..lol..poor guy had been out there for like 15 minutes.

On Thursdays my host mom and sister get up at like 4 AM to get food at the markets in Quito. So Cesar comes to do breakfast. I like when he comes because I actually have time to sit and eat calmly. Lately my host fam’s been getting up later and later, making my breakfast more rushed.

Talked with dad the whole bus ride to the training center. We have a farm kitten! I guess Tracy’s been taking care of him. He’s all orange and they named him O.J. (Oscar Junior) How cute!

Training went by fast but each session seemed to kinda drag. We had the last session with Youth and Families so that was fun. I came straight home to re-do the brownies. I wanted to make them the other night but failed miserably. They almost completely burnt and then hardened even more after cooling. I told my host family they didn’t have to eat them and that I would make them again but they insisted on trying it. So we had ½ burnt chocolate bricks, lol.

So anyway I bought another mix and re-made them today. They turned out soo much better or at least I thought so. I don’t think they were crazy about them. I was in heaven ☺

Watched the telenovela. I know I'm almost embarrassed to admit it but hey-we’re supposed to integrate in the culture and language right? Tomorrow a couple of us are staying over night at the training center. We’re going to hang out and watch movies on the projector, should be fun. Then on sat is the party bus for Bridget’s birthday (and mine) Finally! Sunday either a hike or mitad del mundo, haven’t decided. Should be a solid weekend. Then Monday we are off to Guayaquil to learn more about HIV/Aids and do sex ed charlas. I think they will be challenging but it’s better we get the practice now.

Alright night!

No comments:

Post a Comment