Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 25, 2011

The internet is making me so angry so I’m taking a break and hopefully it will get its act together, the system is really frustrating. Today was fine. We had this really long session on different subjects. It was kinda like Q & A. There were different papers with tiles like Do’s & Don’ts, observations, sexuality, drugs and alcohol. We were given post-its and could write a question or a comment and then we talked about all of them. Parmer, our country director was there so that was good to see him and have him give advice. I asked him about staying a couple extra days for my sister’s wedding and he said it shouldn’t be a problem, yay!

After lunch we had an alcohol talk by the med team. Interesting to hear about alcohol dependence and abuse. After training we went to the “hair salon”, which is a fruit store downstairs and a small arcade, restaurant/store and hair salon. Alex, Orrin and Nathan taught me to play cuarenta (40), a traditional Ecuadorian game.

I left a little early because I had to go to the mall and get money/recharge the int. My host family was on the same bus I got on. Aparently they were coming back from the terreno (land). We own some land out by the training center and I guess they are going to be growing potatoes and other veggies there.

We’ve got this open house on wed. Not really sure if anyone will show up or not. I'm on the nutrition committee and am supposed to be doing some portion plate game..lets just say it will be an interesting bday. Leo, a guy that I met through Sarah Butch in Muisne is going to be in town so maybe I will get to see him!
Buenas

No comments:

Post a Comment