Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 19, 2011

Tomorrow we leave for Tumbaco, I'm kinda happy. It’s really hard to say if I’m in love with my counterpart or the work I'm doing because it’s so early. There are a lot of really good things to do, I believe. It’s hard to know how I will get it all started, but I’m sure Eulalia will work with me on stuff. I just have this feeling that we are going to go back and everyone else is going to absolutely rave about their sites. Everything takes time, I know, and I just have to stay positive. I want to be happy and I want to do things that I love and I know that will depend a lot on my attitude, therefore I’m going to stay positive!

This morning Sharon, Jarrett and I met with Julie to walk more around the city. She really showed us all over. There are def some cool spots to check out. We then went to her place, which was super nice! To nice for PC I would say, but it’s completely on PC budget. Everything was pretty new and seems to be a good location, hard to know still which places are “good” or not. I don’t know if I would really want to be right there downtown. Hopefully in the 1st couple months I can figure that out so transitioning to my own place will be all right.

I ate at Jarrett’s house. I didn’t want to go to the restaurant because the lunch and dinner are like the same thing. His house is really nice, super outdated but they def have money. We had pig skin soup, the soup was good, the pigskin part was absolutely disgusting. I ate it, but never again. Then for the main plate we had chicken gizzard, also gross. It was helpful to mix it with the rice and lettuce.

Jarrett and I went to see the fire oven that makes bread but it was closed. He then walked to find ice cream and I some how found my way back towards the University. By now my knee had started hurting. I'm not sure why, maybe because we walked a lot. I went to the University to say goodbye to Eulalia. She’s def going to be an interesting counterpart to work with. I think for the most part it will be really good. I just need to find a secondary project so I'm not working an 8 hour shift every day in the office.

I then walked to the mall. Pretty small, 3 movies play a t a time. Not too many stores either and I’m sure they are all expensive. Now I’m at home, trying to rest my knee. It’s only 5:30 and I’ve got like 2 hours to kill because I don’t have to go to eat at the restaurant till around 7. I can’t really go walk around because of my knee. Maybe I’ll take a nap..or a shower..but it’s so cold today. They say that by the end of August it gets warmer.

1 comment:

  1. Awww Rachie keep on keeping on girl, you are going to love these next couple years of your life!!

    ReplyDelete