Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 18, 2011

Today was a pretty good day! I woke up at a really reasonable hour 7:20 and my family and I had breakfast here. I told them that it might be easier for me to do breakfast on my own once I'm here for good because they usually open up the restaurant for breakfast and to be quite honest I would rather make my own..aka with juice and fruit rather than bread and hot chocolate.

I left around 8:15 to walk to the University. I'm so glad that I can walk to and from the University! I arrived and had some more paperwork to fill out but other than that there wasn’t really anything for me to do, so I sat and read for about an hour. At about 11:30 I decided walk down to where Sharon will be working with the English dept. Julie, the volunteer that I’m replacing was supposed to meet me at the school to talk about programs, but she hadn’t shown up. I met Sharon and we called Julie to figure out a time to meet up for Sharon to look at possible homes. When she 1st got here, the house she was set up with wasn’t the best, so now they have to find an ew one.

We looked at 2 houses, both super nice. Hopefully PC will approve them. We ate lunch and then Julie and I headed back to the University. We talked a little about the projects which was good, then I left to meet Sharon and Jarrett. We went to this really nice coffee place. It was literally like being in the U.S. but oh so nice. I had a hot chocolate and cheesecake! We talked about the PC more and poor Jarrett’s situation. He’s such a good guy, I really hope he is able to stay. Just maybe get a better counterpart or site.

Came to the restaurant to eat dinner, had my 3rd cup of hot chocolate but so good. I then walked home to shower, which was alright..not super hot water, but also not super cold so that’s good. Then mom, Howard and Ruthie called, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment