Monday, June 20, 2011

Tuesday June 14, 2011

So this morning we had Spanish, nothing too out of the ordinary. The nurses then gave us a presentation on Malaria and Dengue. They also gave us Malaria pills, which I'm not too thrilled about taking. The pills do not do anything for resistance against Malaria but rather suppress the malaria itself.. I know you won’t be too happy about this mom but if I don’t take them I am automatically medically separated which means bye-bye Ecuador.

The next session was on our health benefits, and when/what the Peace Corps does and doesn’t cover. They offer a pretty amazing health coverage, awfully boring presentation. To top the day off we had another painfully boring presentation on community banks, which I think could’ve been interesting if the presenter wasn’t so monotone and boring!! We split into 2 groups and formed our own community banks, which we will do in real life, so that should be fun!

I came home and washed my underwear by hand! My family goes to get the laundry done’ kinda like a laundry mat but they don’t wash underwear for you. So I did it on the cement slabs. A lot more complicated than I though, and takes forever! The water was cold too, so my hand and fingers were numb by the end. I used the last to check some e-mail and then went down to eat, watched some news and called it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment