Thursday, July 4, 2013

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY...I will be eating sushi :)

And it is July.  Time is winding down and I am realizing all the things that I still have to do!!!

Next week I travel to Quito to do my medical clearance stuff.  Three days of pure fun...not...

Said goodbye to Natalie on tuesday.  Had an absolutely great visit with her.  So excited to see how her transition to Texas is. The job sounds fascinating and I really think it will help her grow professionally.

The day after she arrived (or rather the day she arrived-bc the flight was delayed until 2 A.M)  I had the privilege to receive a group of new volunteers.  About 8 of them came to my site for a "tech trip".  Each person had to practice giving different charlas in different health areas.  I was finally able to meet Courtney, one of the trainees was the person who donated money to our girls group several months ago. It was really nice to meet her and thank her personally.

Two PCT's did cooking charlas.  After getting things settled (because oficios were messed up and we didn't have rooms to work in) everything ended up going pretty smoothly.

I have had two interviews, one for a job in D.C and another for Madison.  Interesting jobs and great experience for interviewing.  As I probably mentioned before I am skeptical in actually getting offers just because I am not available until September, but nonetheless the interviews are great practice.  I'll keep at it and probably have to do more job searching after I get home.  My lovely parents have offered to give me posada until I can get "integrated", such great parents I have :)

Had a nice going away dinner with Sarah and Shannon as Sarah went back to the states on sunday.  We planned that they were going to come and make dinner.  10 minutes into cooking my gas goes out.  It was around 7:30 at night and at this time apparently there is not one place that has gas tanks...so I spend an hour running around the neighborhood trying to find one. Finally found a place open by chino's house.  Once we got the tank all hooked up I realized that the keys that I grabbed don't work, so had to get the copies from the dueños...ahhh what a night.  We turned out having a great homemade italian meal and some good conversations.

Paid my last full month of rent and internet.  Planning a trip to Argentina at the end of the month and just trying to enjoy the last bit that I have here in Ecuador.  At times terrifying to imagine going back to the states, but then I remember how terrifying it seemed at times to come here.  I'm sure I can transition back into the country that I was born and raised, right? lol

Excited to have family time when I get back in August. Also trying to plan on how Chino will factor into U.S.A life.

ah and yes today is fourth of july.  Chino and I will be getting sushi to celebrate! yummmm


1 comment:

  1. So excited for you, just wish we had more time together!!!

    ReplyDelete