Thursday, July 26, 2012

And so the celebrations begin!

A day before my birthday and I'm already celebrating!  So at work we always celebrate everyone´s birthday. Lately with the new director we´ve been having little breakfasts, with fruit, bread, coffee, tea, the whole shabang!  Turns out the secretary has her birthday a day before mine and so they decided to do a joint birthday today.  Not really a problem for me, a celebration is a celebration and I really don´t mind sharing the occasion.

The only problem is that on Thursday´s I normally go to the Childcare center to work with the kids on English.  So we figured out that I would give English classes and then run to the office to be part of the party. I planned out this really fun activity for today about learning colors, with a song, making their own color book and everything.  I hurried to get to the daycare center, because I was running late, and get there only to find that the kids are on vacation...thanks for letting me know....this country...ugh...so I guess it turned out better that I didn´t have classes because the party ended up starting a little bit earlier.

It was quite a feast!  Everyone had fruit salad, peaches, empanadas, coffee/tea and then they had THREE cakes!  We ate one for all of us and then they gave each of us a log like cake!  So I already have a whole cake for myself a day before my birthday, which I guess is alright because I can use it for tomorrow when I get together with the only three people that will be in town to celebrate, lol....

So far the birthday celebrations have started off well.  I'm interested to see how tomorrow turns out but I'm staying positive!  I so wish I could be with my family and friends in the states but in turn I will be with family and friends here in Ecuador.

:) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment