Monday, July 30, 2012

23rd birthday in Ecuador

Well, two birthday´s down, one to go here in this lovely country on the Equator.  My birthday ended up being just perfect!  I went to work in the morning, nothing really too eventful.  Because we had celebrated the two birthdays on Thursday I don´t think anyone really realized that my birthday was Friday, but of course Eulalia remembered and gave me some chocolates :)

I went to get lunch with Eulalia after work.  We went to this "Fruits Only" restaurant.  It´s like a buffet of fruits, yogurts, granola and they charge you by the weight.  It was super good!!  After that I met up with Chino at his house to talk with my mom and sister.  He bought me this wonderful arrangement of flowers with a card, so beautiful!!  I talked to Ruth and mom for a bit and then Chino and I headed downtown to meet up with a volunteer form Salcedo and her boyfriend.  We had ice cream and they brought me a piece of cake with a candle!  We chatted for awhile and watched the Olympics ceremony.

After ice cream we were going to go to Sharon´s house to eat, so I had to go to order pizza and then run over to Kim´s house to get some stuff that she needed to take over to Sharon.  Between getting the pizza and bringing over stuff from Kim´s it ended up being too late for Chino to come eat with us.  Comunikt had a basketball game that night at 8 and for some reason he had to be with the team at 6:30.   So he dropped me off and I had a nice dinner and dessert with Kim and Sharon.

Kim and I were going to go to the game but at about 8 pm her family called her saying that her flight had changed for THAT NIGHT!  She was to be in Quito at like 10 pm which definitely wasn´t going to happen, so she stayed at Sharon´s and I went to the game by myself.  I ended up getting to the game later and because it was the two Ambato teams playing the Coliseo was packed.  I had to go all the way up in the nose bleed section!  Thankfully they won though.

After the game Chino went to eat with the team and then once he arrived home we had ANOTHER dinner and cake and ice cream!  So in total I'm pretty sure I made four wishes for my birthday!  His mom had went to get the cake done and told them to put "Rachel".  Well of course Rachel isn´t that common and they must have heard something different because the name was Chachi!! lol!  Oh well, it was still good cake.

We ate cake and had tea so by that time I was completely full.  We left the house at about midnight to meet up with the team and celebrate the win.  All in all it was a good night.  Even though there weren´t many people in town, I ended up spending it with really good friends that were in town, and we had a good time.  I´ve got to admit I think it´s the first time in my life that I´ve been able to blow out FOUR candles.  Let´s hope all those wishes come true ;)

This is our last week till VACATION!!!! So excited!! I haven´t really taken any vacation (only when my parents came in march) so I'm really ready to have more free time, although I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do..This coming weekend I will be traveling to Santo Domingo to help out with the brigade (the same one that came in may).  I'm hoping to bring some students from the UTA and other PCV´s to help because it sounds like they are going to need it!

Other than that I hope to visit other volunteers, catch up, and just relax!  Then start the countdown for when Hannah comes!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment