Friday, September 16, 2011

Thursday thursday thursday

Almost the weekend! Today was a good day, well after the morning. So Eulalia and I were going to go to this simulation at Gestion de Riesgos. It was a big deal because the police, firemen, Red Cross and even the governor were there. They were doing a mock test of how they would handle a volcanic eruption with an earthquake. I arrived at 9 o´clock on the dot, waited for Eulalia...She called me at 9:02 to say that I should come up to the University to help finish up this document that had to be turned into the boss. Someone had called her to say the simulation wouldn´t be starting until 10..well good to know...

So I walked up to the University to find out that the boss wasn´t even there and Eulalia was doing interviews with the guards..Long story short we didn´t leave the University until about 10:15 and arrived late to a mad chaos of people..It was so awkward at first because everyone was running around trying to do work and we were just standing there, supposed to be observers but it was really hard to observe when people were all over the place, sounds going off, it was quite the site. So much planning had to of gone on with it. We met some important people, made some contacts and had scrumptious kimbolitos! they are officially one of my favorite foods here. I could probably live off of kimbolitos and llapingachos, lol

I then went to lunch at Kims. She made a great salad and I had curry chicken, HEAVEN!!! I went back to the office in the afternoon and Eulalia and I worked on printing out this huge document..I don´t know how it became so complicated but it took us over 3 hours to get everything just right and in order..lol

I went to the restaurant to have dinner and then back home to shower befor the basketball game. The "professional" team was playing a team from santo domingo and the game ended up being really good! Worth the whole $4 this time, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment