Monday, August 22, 2011

Friday, August 18, 2011

So I´ve been rejected twice from getting my blackberry unblocked to get moviestar on it. Well not quite rejected but I was sent from Ventura mall in Tumbaco to cumbaya and from there to Quito. I didn´t really want to go all the way to Quito, too long of a bus ride. Maybe this is a sign. The only thing is, my mind is already made up and Im getting moviestar because everyone at my site has it and it´s super expensive for Claro and Moviestar to talk to each other. I´ll probably just wait till Ambato.

Had breakfast with the family this morning and then headed to the mall to get the pictures and the dress. Mall doesn´t open till 10 AM, I know that noe, after waiting almost 45 minutes. Oh Ventura mall, how I won´t miss you and your power outages and late opening hours! Needless to say I got the dress and pictures, yay! Came back home and started packing. Ruth and I skyped at noon. Really good to hear how she is doing. I was starving by the end of the convo, so I went downstairs to the restaurant to eat. So convenient to be able to go downstairs and right away be served food! I sat with Lucy, Jorge and this other guy. He was kinda weird, I think has something to do with the wedding..not really sure, He was nice though.

Came back upstairs and somehow finished packing. Everything fit, for the most part at least. I even got my garden boots in there! You would be proud of my packing skills dad. I swept the floor and now everything looks so nice and clean. I have no idea how my desk got so cluttered, but now you can actually see the desk, lol. I decided to go into Cumbaya and that´s where they told me to go into Quito to get the phone activated. I got right back on the bus and headed home. Just mised the rain! Apparently the rainy season isn´t supposed to start till Sept/Oct but climates are clearly changing. It´s kinda nice though because it´s really sunny and warm until like 4ish and then it rains. I wonder how long the rainy season will last?

So Im working on uploading picutres to a Fickr account. I think sooner or later I can link it to my blog. For those of you who don´t have facebook, now can look at my ecuador pictures! Andres wants to go out tonight but I don´t think I want to. Im kinda tired, plus I have no idea what kinda of wedding event are going on..Although from what I´ve gathered, I think there´s just stuff going on tomorrow.

I really hope I can get a ride Sunday with family to Ambato. If not it´s going to be tricking. The days are winding down here in Tumbaco. Not really sure how I feel. I called my counterpart and family. Family didn´t answer but my counterpart did and she´s anxious for me to get there.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment