Monday, August 15, 2011

August 12, 2011


So I'm pretty much in paradise right now. Woke up at 5, got to the bus stop by 6 AM to catch the bus that didn’t arrive till almost 7. The trip itself went pretty fast. I slept most of the time. We arrived in Tena at 10:30ish. So weird to be back. The city from what I’ve seen hasn’t changed too much. Although I would like to go back and explore some on my own. I want to check out the park (parque amazonico where jordan worked)and go see the hospital.

The “hotel” that we are staying in is to die for. $18/night which is kinda steep but still good price with breakfast. There is a pool and is right on the river. It’s about 10 minute walk from the town, which is really cute. There is a bunch of stuff like hikes, native villages to visit and water excursions. I think later this afternoon we will take a boat up river to see an animal preserve. The weather is great but very hot. Feels and looks like the jungle. I'm gonna hop in the pool but I’l write more later. Sharon, Meredith, Kim, Portia, and Renee are on the trip, along with myself.

...
Hard to believe the day is already over. The rest of yesterday was pretty relaxing. I went in the pool after writing. The water was so nice in combination with the sun. Although it was hard to manuver with part of my already brunt body, lol. But I had a ton of sunblock on, don't worry mom!

Renee and Kim returned from Tena (they had gone to get cash) and we went into town to get dinner. Renee, Kim Portia and I found a place for $2.25. Before dinner we went to this guide place where Sharon and Meredith were going to do a $75/day excursion of hiking, animal rescue and museum. When we arrived they said the prices had dropped to $45. The rest of us signed up because we figured it was a pretty good deal for a whole day of activities plus lunch.

Dinner was alright, my chicken didn’t have a lot of meat but what can you expect for 2 dollars, lol. We wandered around the city looking for scooped ice cream but had to settle for packaged ice cream. We walked across the bridge that was all lit up, really pretty. Then we sat by the water for a bit. Portia and I decided we were still hungry and go salchipapas; hot dog/French fries. All we really wanted was the potatoes.

We headed back and I showered, then Kim, Renee, Sharon and I played some Euker. We all went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment