Monday, August 15, 2011

Aug 10, 2011


Tomorrow is family day! I'm going to make guacamole tomorrow, I hope it turns out okay. We are expected to have around 300 people show up. Today was good. In the morning we “liquidated” our community banks. After putting some money towards piƱata commitee for tomorrow and then some towards a gift for PC staff we got back a whopping $1.62.

Our Spanish class decided to make ceviche de pollo for class since it was the last one. My stomach wasn’t feeling the greatest so I helped cook some, then went to a hammock to write dad a letter. A got my third letter from him today and a package from Hannah! Don't worry I plan on writing everyone back that has written me, just may take some time! The ceviche turned out to be quite scrumptious. We even made brownies! After training a few of us had to go to te Santa Maria and get stuff (mainly food) to make for family day. I actually found everything at smaller vegetable and fruit stores than at the super market. Way more cheaper and supporting local farmers! I then came home, ate and skyped with fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment