Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 4, 2011

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!! Today was soooo much fun!! We had another panel session with PCV’s. Didn’t learn too much new info. It’s always fun to hear about other volunteer’s experiences and it seems as though everyone’s experience is different. To be honest I have no idea where I want my site to be..I really think there’s positives and negatives to any place that I would be put.

After the session we started our dia deportiva! (sports day). Each group had different jersey’s and split into 3 sports-basketball, volleyball and soccer. Before the games began there was this semi formal ceremony. Each group elected “reinas” (queens) and did a chant. Then we sang the Ecuadorian and U.S. national anthems. I played volleyball all afternoon and loved it! We actually ended up taking the championship for volleyball and second place for soccer! The PCV’s were on a team and won everything else.

In between games we maxed hard on food! Burgers WITH BBQ SAUCE, all different types of salsas, brownies, chips, oh so good. It felt a little like home. It was nice the PC staff did this day for us. It was a nice break from training. I'm not sure what’s in store for this week. I know we have our last interviews before finding out our sites and a presentation on wed from finding throughout the tech trip.

I guess next week we find out our sites, right before we are to leave for them! I can’t even explain the emotions for that!! I just want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment