Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 2, 2011

Today was a good day. I was able to sleep in until 7:30. I decided to get up to type up my blog info and then get my clothes ready to send to the laundry mat. Luckily as I got up the courage to accept the fact that I was going to have to walk to drop off my clothes and then to the restaurant to eat breakfast Lucy woke up! Entonces we were able to drive, yay. We had breakfast and then dropped off my clothes. I then went to Santa Maria, grocery store, to buy saldo & meet Portia to head to Quito!!

I was impressed how well we made it all the way down to the centro historico, all on public transportation. We walked around a lot, went into some churches and were able to get a tour of the president’s palace. A lot of the gifts that Correa has received from other countries are on display and I guess he has decided to let the palace keep them for historical purposes. He is the 1st president to do this. Many of the presidents before took way more then what was appropriate if you know what I mean..cough.. CORRUPTION!!

Afterwards I was able to get in contact with Andres so Portia and I met up with him! Crazy to think it’s been 2 years since I’ve seen him. He and his friend got tickets for transformers but were sold out by the time we got there..so we got ice cream and were able to talk for a bit. I hope I can hang out with him and the rest of the “crew” more. There’s something about being with the Ecuadorians especially ones that I'm already friends with that brings me happiness and make me feel more integrated into the culture.

We came back to Tumbaco, were going to meet up with some other volunteers in Cumbaya but decided to get a ride with my sister as she was there from a torro event. Her and her friends invited us to come to another town to party. Apparently they planned on being out till 5 or 6 AM. I opted out, grabbed my laundry and headed home. The walk wasn’t as bad as I had expected. I ate with the rents, I think they were happy to have me there. Did some homework, about to finish off the 2nd season of Dexter and then hit the hay. We’ve got a family breakfast tomorrow and then I’ve gotta do more work for the coming week…

No comments:

Post a Comment