Monday, June 20, 2011

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Today flew by!! Our tech group worked in the “huertos” all morning. We did raised beds with lettuce, radish, carrot and spinach. Then at the end of the beds we planted Parsley and Cilantro. We also learned about worm gardens! I'm kinda pumped about trying to start all this at my site! Or even once I'm settled down back in the states..even though it’s far away all of this information is going to be good for life, ya know?

At lunch we put our presentation for the afternoon. Everyone had to present the PACA tools that we used in Puembo on Saturday. I think our group did the best. We had the 24 hour calendar and the “rueda de recursos” (resource wheel). So what we did was make a table of all the kids we interviewed and coordinated the times and activities with colors. This way it was easy to see when the majority of kids were free.

With the “rueda de recursos” we gathered the names/places of important resources in the community. We then made little nametags and attached them to different flowers. So instead of a “wheel” we had a bouquet of flowers. We then gave examples of different projects and had the audience create different bouquets with the different resources, creative, right?

After school there was a soccer game-gringos vs Ecuadorians. I didn’t play although I should’ve. I gave my shoes to someone else to play, maybe next week. By the time they got don't it was getting dark so we came back. I was with a different crowd than yesterday so it was good to hang out with other people. It’s nice to know I can fit into the different groups within the big group.

We are off to Cotacachi tomorrow-5 am I have to be up, and I wanna sneak an episode of Deter in!

No comments:

Post a Comment