Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 2, 2011


So we have arrived in Tumbaco! We got to Quito and were moved quite quickly to buses. The bus ride went kind of quick..it’s definitely weird to be back in Ecuador. I honestly don’t know how to describe the feeling. Neither bad nor good…The Training site seems nice. All the staff are great. Apparently we are the 1st group to stay here at the site for the 1st couple days before meeting our host families. Before they had them in hotels.

First shower experience was nothing out of the ordinary-no water pressure, scalding hot, then sometimes freezing but I got clean and that the most important part, right? Everyone here is really cool. There are 62 of us so it’s still hard to remember peoples names. I haven’t felt homesick yet although I wish I could contact home and let them know I'm all right, but it sounds like that won’t happen for a few days. Lots of info tomorrow so now I need sleep, I’ll update later..AHHHhh im so excited to be here and start this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment