Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Thoughts

So Im trying to start out strong and blog on a regular basis when I have internet.  I am currently in Philly, just finished what they call 'staging'.  We talked about expectations, aspirations and what makes us nervous, pretty typical, pre-departure stuff.  Everyone that I've met so far is pretty cool. There are quite a few people from the Midwest, even a few from Wisconsin.  Oh and a women from Rockford, crazy right?! 


Flying was pretty smooth, mom and i had quite the adventure trying to get to the airport, really messy construction and horrible signs ..I blame Walker..  Arriving was kind of a challenge with my luggage but i figured it out.  Who knows how I'm going to get all of it to my site when the time comes but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.


So all along I've been telling people how Im going to be in Tumbaco the first couple days then to Quito for the next three months training...yeah totally off...apparently we are in Tumbaco the whole time for training, oops...it's a lot smaller town and about an hour away from Quito.  Im not really sure what my internet access will be like but it's likely i'll have some access..The address that I put up is still correct, I'm sure we will be traveling to and from the city (Quito) frequently, Peace Corps office for Ecuador is there, it just so happens that our training is in Tumbaco.


Well that's it for now!  The next blog will be in ECUADOR!!! I love you all my lovely 5 followers...lol


besos

2 comments:

  1. I thought while I was bored at work (and I've only been here 10 minutes haha) I would check to see if you posted and YOU DID!! I am so proud of you. Ahhh you are on your way to Ecuador right now! crrrrazy. love you.

    p.s. i love that you blame walker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So will your address still be the same. Should be sending you a package after receiving the BBQ sauce. THANK YOU for all the texting in Philly, NY, and Miami today. Talked about you at supper + finals for Ruth next week!!
    Besos y abrazos
    mucho amor
    Mom

    ReplyDelete