Thursday, August 15, 2013

One week

Well my peace corps experience has come down to this.  ONE WEEK before I´m back in the bustling country of the United States of America.  Nervous-yes, Terrified-not quite, Excited-you could say that. It´s really hard to know exactly how I feel.  I don´t think it has set in yet, and probably won´t till I´m a couple months in to being back in the states.  I´m trying to stayed focused on enjoying my time here and finishing up the stuff that must get done!

I returned from Argentina on sunday.  It was a great trip! So glad that I did it :)  So nice to spend time with Hannah and her family, see Pashu and Annie and meet new friends in Buenos Aires.  10 days was probably not long enough, as Argentina is soooo big!  I feel as though I got a lot accomplished in the 10 days that I was there.

I took a day to get my stuff organized back here in Ecuador.  Since I had left with my stuff all packed into a bedroom upstairs in Chino´s house, I decided to finally organize and pack.  I got two suitcases packed and have just one more to do at the end.  I am giving away a ton of clothes and hopefully will have room for things to take back from the states from here.

My friend Alvaro was in a car accident two nights ago.  Luckily he wasn´t that hurt but it was scary to see him in that state. We arrived at the scene to take care of the car as he was taken to the hospital.  After that I had to wait outside because only so many people could be inside.  They did tests and scans and found that 4 ribs had been fractured and that there was internal bruising.  Im hoping to go visit today.  He seems to be doing better but they need to keep monitoring him.

On friday I travel to Quito to do the last of my paperwork for Peace Corps.  I have an exit interview at 10:00 A.M. so I´m hoping to get the rest of the stuff done before that.  I am in the group of the last volunteers to be here in Ecuador.  It´s been great to see what the RPCVs (returned peace corps volunteers) are doing now that they are home. I´m hoping to have a smooth transition home and know that with the support of my family and friends it shouldn´t be to hard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment