Friday, August 17, 2012

We don't have thunderstorms in Ambato

So as I lay in my bed this morning I heard the rumbling of what I thought would be a thunderstorm.  Indeed it was not the onset of a storm, but the activation of the volcano Tungurahua.  Apparently the volcano can be quite noisy when it wants to.  As I heard this noise and realized it was the volcano it made me a bit nervous.  I had never heard "volcano thunder" before...what does this mean???  Then I got to thinking, of all the rain we get here in Ambato there are NEVER thunderstorms, no lightening, no thunder, just rain...hmm  I can't believe it took me a year to realize this.  Just thought I'd share that tid bit on my blog :)  Something to look forward to when I go back home....THUNDERSTORMS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment