Thursday, June 23, 2011

WEEK THREE!!!

So I thought for this update I would do an over all week "resumen". And if I can get it to work ill put up some pictures :) It's officially the start of week 3..can you believe it? Re-cap of the rest of the weekend. I ended up going out on Saturday night. We went to a club just getting into the city of Quito. We were supposed to be meeting another volunteer there with her sister but as we arrived we realized that she wasn't there. There were a bunch of people outside and it was obviously awkward because it was a group of 5 gringas trying to figure out what exactly to do. So I just walked up to where it looked like people were going in and asked if this was where we entered. The guy told me that it was VIP only, so I asked him if we had to go to another door, he asked who I was with and I told him 5 other girls. So we got in ahead of everyone, perks of sticking out and being good looking I guess.

Everyone was pretty dressed up. By this I mean the girls were in practically dresses and heels or just done up really nice. The guys of course had their hair gelled back with hollister looking shirts, lol..ahh so typical. Around 11ish people started arriving and the night was pretty fun. Erika and her sister finally showed up so we had some other ecuadorians to hang out with. Made me kinda think of home and how we'd always go out to this place called honey...but completely different. At 1AM a band started to play more traditional music so that was fun to dance to that with various people.

Father's Day was kind a bust. After much deliberation we ended up going to the same pool place like the previous sunday. Neither of the actual children showed up, and it started to rain pretty hard around 3. We didnt get out of there till 5. Apparently it was my host father's birthday on friday (love how no one tells me). So my host brother, Pato and his family (two girls and wife) came over and we had cake. I wanted to call my own father but hadnt had time to buy saldo. Thought I wouldnt get to talk to him but he ended up calling so that was nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment